This Toolkit is brought to you by community organizations coming together to welcome your baby to Hampton Roads.
- Learn about regional home visiting programs or contact a doula.
- Get early, regular prenatal care and consider taking prenatal vitamins. Apply for healthcare coverage.
- Eat a healthy diet and know which medications are safe during pregnancy.
- Support your physical (oral) and mental health for a Full Term Baby and know when to call your provider during pregnancy and after (postpartum).
- Know where to find support or help. Visit Resources 757
- Get help caring for your new baby: Basic Supplies, Safe Sleeping Space, Breastfeeding and Bottle feeding.
- Keep your postpartum appointments with your OBGYN, connect with a primary care physician or Moms Matter to stay on top of chronic conditions such as high blood pressure and Diabetes.