The Thriving Families Working Group helps give families the knowledge and resources they need to nurture their children. Attention is placed on the family’s critical role in their child’s development.
We seek to ensure that all families possess:
- Parental resilience
- Social connections
- Knowledge of parent and child development: Early Childhood Mental Well Being Guide for Parents
- Concrete support in times of need
- Socially and emotionally competent children
- Nurturing relationships and strong attachment to their children
- Promote Resources757.org so families and their advocates can find and use Hampton Roads resources.
- Align parent education programs across the region so parents can easily find them.
- Launch The Basics Hampton Roads, a community mobilization campaign promoting family interactions which support optimal early childhood development.
- Develop a Parent Partnership Council by engaging families throughout SHR to help find solutions to the challenges of raising children who are healthy, thriving, and ready to learn.
It is my hope that the Minus 9 to 5 initiative will implore service providers, systems staff and citizens to embrace an approach that shares resources and time to create solutions that empower the people each project is designed to impact. It is the only way to BE the change we want to see.